Recipe by MsKittyKat
A change from the standard tiramisu - just in time for summer. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 3 (4 1/2 ounce) packages champagne biscuits (4 inch long ladyfinger type biscuits, ladyfingers work too)
- 3 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen mixed berries and 6 tablespoons sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until mixture resembles jam and is reduced to 1 cup, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Cool jam mixture.
- Strain syrup from thawed raspberries through sieve set over bowl, pressing gently on solids.
- Discard solids.
- Add raspberry liqueur to raspberry syrup in bowl.
- Using sharp knife, trim 1 biscuit to 3-inch (about) length.
- Quickly dip biscuit into syrup, turning to coat lightly.
- Place rounded end up and sugared side against side of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- Repeat with as many biscuits as necessary to cover sides of pan.
- Dip more biscuits in syrup and arrange on bottom of pan, covering completely and trimming to fit.
- In bowl, whisk mascarpone with 6 tablespoons sugar and vanilla to blend.
- Set aside.
- Thinly slice enough strawberries to measure 1/2 cup.
- Gently spread half of jam mixture over biscuits in bottom of pan.
- Spoon half of mascarpone mixture over; smooth top.
- Sprinkle with sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup fresh raspberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Dip more biscuits into syrup; arrange over fruit in pan, covering completely and trimming to fit.
- Gently spread remaining jam mixture over biscuits.
- Spoon remaining mascarpone mixture over; smooth top.
- Cover; chill at least 4 hours or overnight.