Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool, smooth berries, refreshing drink, nice for lunch or even as a light dessert. I used the berries from our freezer.
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or 1 cup raspberry low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen mixed berries, slightly thawed (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- Place yogurt, milk and powdered sugar in blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add half of the berries.
- Cover and blend on high speed 1 minute.
- Add remaining berries.
- Cover and blend on high speed about 1 minute, adding a small amount of additional milk if necessary, until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent drink- I made up 3 batches and they disappeared very quickly - I only used 10 oz of berries for each batch - I mixed strawberry & blackberry with strawberry yogurt.. Followed the smoothie with warm muffins & Coffee and everyone was content Thanks Dorothy
This was good, but for some reason I had a hard time getting the texture just right. I followed the directions exactly and even added more milk to help it blend but it wouldn't quite become like a smoothie, more like a sorbet/ice cream texture. It did taste pretty good, though ~ I used berries & cream yoplait yogurt. I'll play around with it more, maybe add more milk & yogurt and less fruit next time. Thanks for sharing it.
Wow! This is the best smoothie I've ever had! I used frozen blueberries and cherries and raspberry yogurt. I think it is the cherries that make it so unique. The kids went nuts over it and "fought" about who got the last little bit. :) Thanks for posting this winner, Derf!