A friend of my brother's recently lost 90 punds on Atkins. I decided this was enough to get me started. This is one of the recipes he gave me. You shouldn't have it on the induction. It is important to add variety with recipes like this to keep you going. Good luck to all who are trying to loose weight. I will post more recipes soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a food processor, pulse bake mis, pecans, 3 tablespoons of sugar substitute and salt until nuts are finely ground.
- 2Add the butter and pulse ntil butter pieces are the size of peas.
- 3In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk 2/3 cup of heavy cream, sour cream, and egg.
- 4Pour evenly over the dry mixture and pulse just until combined.
- 5Transfer dough to a baking sheet.
- 6Seperate dough into 12 equal sized pieces.
- 7Pat each piece into a circle.
- 8Space evenly on baking sheet; chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 9Heat oven to 375.
- 10Bake shortcakes about 17 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown.
- 11Cool on a baking sheet set on a wire rack.
- 12With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat remaining cup of heavy cream with remaining 2 teaspoon sugar substitute until soft peaks form.
- 13To assemble: Dollop 1/4 cup whipped cream on 6 shortcakes, top with 1/2 cup berries and cover with remaining shortcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Shortcakes for Low Carb Diets
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.6
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.5 mg
- Sodium 515.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Atkins baking mix