Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of my brother's recently lost 90 punds on Atkins. I decided this was enough to get me started. This is one of the recipes he gave me. You shouldn't have it on the induction. It is important to add variety with recipes like this to keep you going. Good luck to all who are trying to loose weight. I will post more recipes soon.
- in a food processor, pulse bake mis, pecans, 3 tablespoons of sugar substitute and salt until nuts are finely ground.
- Add the butter and pulse ntil butter pieces are the size of peas.
- In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk 2/3 cup of heavy cream, sour cream, and egg.
- Pour evenly over the dry mixture and pulse just until combined.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet.
- Seperate dough into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Pat each piece into a circle.
- Space evenly on baking sheet; chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Bake shortcakes about 17 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown.
- Cool on a baking sheet set on a wire rack.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat remaining cup of heavy cream with remaining 2 teaspoon sugar substitute until soft peaks form.
- To assemble: Dollop 1/4 cup whipped cream on 6 shortcakes, top with 1/2 cup berries and cover with remaining shortcakes.