Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful sauce to serve over cheesecake, pound cake or even vanilla ice cream. If you don't like mixed berries you can use the individual berries of your choice. If prefer a more tart sauce reduce sugar to 1/2 cup.
- In heavy saucepan combine water, sugar, cornstarch, almond extract, brandy and lemon zest, stirring to dissolve completely.
- Add frozen berries and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer gently approximately 20-30 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Let cool then refrigerate.
Totally delicious. I will be making again soon. Used it as a topping for a cream cheese and whipped cream filled cream puff pie. Too die for!!
This is the perfect recipe for over cheesecake. Mine got too thick though. Probably something I did. Very tasty!
We enjoyed this sauce over White Jello- I didn't have brandy so I used vanilla. This is very versatile and would be great on ice cream, pudding, or cheese cake.Thanks Luby. Roxygirl