Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The traditional version of this simple Russian dish is to make it by marinating fresh berries in fruit-flavored liqueur for about an hour and then topping it with whipped cream. This simple version uses orange juice for marinating and vanilla yogurt for the topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange extract or 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Place strawberries and blueberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and toss gently.
- Combine orange juice and orange extract (or liqueur). Spoon over berries and toss again. Let berries sit at room temperature for 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
- Divide berries and juice evenly into four individual serving bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Serve right away.
I used orange juice concentrate instead of liqueur. This was really good and the kids liked it too! Reviewed for the May Veg*n Recipe Swap.
What a fantastic easy dessert. I used frozen blueberries that were rinsed and fresh strawberries. I had some drained plain yogurt that I sweetened with about 2 teaspoons powdered sugar and stirred in 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. I did use the orange juice and orange extract. Made for *ZWT 4*
A bazillion stars! hands down winner in "battle dessert" last night. We had the luxury of home-grown blueberries and strawberries, and I used Yoplait Plus yogurt for a finishing touch. Easy to put together and absolutely deliscious! made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4