Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from yahoo group files
Make and share this Mixed Berry Pepper Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mixed berry juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
- Chop peppers in food processor.
- Place in saucepan with water and vinegar. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a coarse sieve. Squeezing all the liquid out then pour through a jelly bag.
- Put juice sugar and liquid in pot. Bring to full rolling boil. Add a bit of peppers back in if desired.
- Stir in pectin, return to full boil then boil hard for 1 minute. Ladle hot jelly into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- Process half pint jars for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Adjust time according to your altitude.