From the March 2011 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. These are super simple to make and soooo good!
Make and share this Mixed-Berry Oatmeal Crisps (Bon Appetit) Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss frozen berries and cornstarch in large bowl and let stand until cornstarch dissolves, tossing occasionally. (About 20 minutes.).
- Divide berry mixture among six 4.5" diameter x 1" high ramekin dishes.
- Toss brown sugar, flour, oats, nuts, cinnamon and 1/4 t salt in large bowl.
- Add chilled margarine and using your fingers, blend together until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over dishes.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and continue baking until topping is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling. About 30 minutes.
- Cool crisps at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
LOVE this recipe!!!
This recipe is easy and very delicious. I had a container of mixed berries in my freezer that I wanted to use up. I used those along with the remainder of 2 half bags of peaches and cherries. I love crispy crusts, so this sounded like the perfect recipe for me. My crust started to get too brown, so I pulled them out 10 minutes early (I only cooked 2, froze the other two, that could be part of the reason). Highly recommend this recipe, will use it again. Thanks for sharing!
This is very tasty, and definitely easy! I loved that these had just the right amount of sweetness between the berries and sugar only in the topping. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 49