From the March 2011 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. These are super simple to make and soooo good!
Make and share this Mixed-Berry Oatmeal Crisps (Bon Appetit) Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss frozen berries and cornstarch in large bowl and let stand until cornstarch dissolves, tossing occasionally. (About 20 minutes.).
- Divide berry mixture among six 4.5" diameter x 1" high ramekin dishes.
- Toss brown sugar, flour, oats, nuts, cinnamon and 1/4 t salt in large bowl.
- Add chilled margarine and using your fingers, blend together until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over dishes.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and continue baking until topping is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling. About 30 minutes.
- Cool crisps at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.