Top Review by anie_lovelylady_03
Muffins are very light, raise beautifully! I used the large tins and cooked them an extra 6-7 minutes. After the first batch, i mushed the berries with a fork a little for extra flavor and the muffins dont crumble when trying to butter. Vanilla was a great addition and i also added a tad of cinnamon.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, huckleberries or sliced strawberries, or a combinati)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Lightly butter twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or place paper muffin cups in the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine and make a well in the center.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the milk, oil and eggs.
- Mix well and pour into the well.
- Stir just until blended.
- Fold in the berries.
- Spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins and serve warm or cool on a wire rack.