1/1 Photo of Mixed Berry Jam
Very good! This is adapted from another site on the internet. 2 cups = 1 pint. 4 pints = 8 cups. 8 cups = 1828 grams. 1828 grams = 91 tablespoons Measurements courtesy of http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cookingconversions.asp.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, combine berries with sugar.
- 2Crush berries with a potato masher.
- 3Add lemon juice and lemon rind.
- 4Bring to a boil, skimming off any foam that forms.
- 5Cook at a full boil until jam thickens, approximately 30 minutes (jelling point is 221F).
- 6While the berries are cooking, sterilize your jars and heat the seals in a pan of hot water.
- 7Pour jam into hot jars; wipe rims, place seals and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for five minutes; remove to a protected countertop and let cool, undisturbed for 24 hours.
- 9If any of the lids have not sealed, either re-process or store in the refrigerator and use those jars first.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 91
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g