Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from Light & Tasty. Perfect for fuss-free holiday breakfasts or company. A cinch to put together the night before. Note: This recipe MUST refrigerate overnight (not included in cooking time)
- Place bread cubes ina 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the egg whites, eggs, milk, surgar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before baking, remove the berries from the freezer, set aside, and remove the baking dish from the refrigerator.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle berries and brown sugar mixture over french toast. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Excellent Christmas Morning treat! We added cubed pieces of Cream Cheese along with the Berries and it gave it a nice touch. Thanks for posting it!
I loved this! It was quite easy to put together and tasted great! Thanks for sharing!