Recipe by jonesies
Taken from Light & Tasty. Perfect for fuss-free holiday breakfasts or company. A cinch to put together the night before. Note: This recipe MUST refrigerate overnight (not included in cooking time)
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons butter (cold)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes ina 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the egg whites, eggs, milk, surgar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before baking, remove the berries from the freezer, set aside, and remove the baking dish from the refrigerator.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle berries and brown sugar mixture over french toast. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.