Recipe by Bev
This is a reicpe I found in Bon Appetit Magazine. Although I have not made it yet, I am sure this would be excellent using fresh berries as well as the frozen, as recommended.
Top Review by mickie49
I cut this recipe in half as it was for just 3 of us, put it in a 8x8 pan. Used a little nutmeg with less of the cinnamon, just personal preference. This is really good, will be making it again.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, plus
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen blueberries, thawed,drained
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen raspberries, thawed,drained
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen blackberrie, thawed,drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Butter and flour 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Blend 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, cinnamon, and salt in food processor until just combined.
- Add butter, using on/off turns, cut in until moist clumps form.
- Press half of flour mixture into bottom of pan.
- Mix all berries, vanilla, 1/3 cup flour and 1 1/4 cup sugar in large bowl.
- Spoon over dough in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining flour mixture over.
- Bake until topping is brown and cooked through, about 50 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.