Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this on mealsforyou.com. Have had it for a while and today is so hot that I thought I would hurry the winter along. We went to the store early this morning and made these miniature-crepes by cutting the ready-made crepes in 4, just so the residents that wanted to taste could! They aren't too big on berries - they like guavas, mangoes, fruta bomba(papaya), & all the tropical fruits. Can't blame them really, that is what they came here knowing and continued to believe that the island would be free of Castro and that they would return to their beautiful homeland, NOT! I didn't allow for cooling time, this can be prepared earlier in the day and then warmed slightly and assembled.
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh raspberries or 1 1⁄3 cups frozen raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries or 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blackberries or 2⁄3 cup frozen blackberrie
- 2⁄3 cup sliced fresh strawberries or 2⁄3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not the bottled kind)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (not the bottled kind)
- toasted and finely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 8 ready made crepes
- PREPARE BERRIES:.
- Place sugar, berries and lemon juice in medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring gently, until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly.
- PREPARE CHEESE:.
- While berry mixture is cooking or cooling: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, honey and lemon zest until thoroughly blended; set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Place 2 crepes on serving plate; spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture & chopped macadamia nuts, if using, down the center of each crepe.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup berry mixture over cream cheese.
- Fold 2 sides of each crepe up and turn over to form roll.
- Repeat with remaining crepes, cream cheese mixture and berry sauce.
- **Replace cream cheese mixture with whipped cream. Allow berry mixture to cool before assembling.