Recipe by Lani D
A great alternative to a typical breakfast, in small portions a mid afternoon snack, or a dessert when served with low fat ice cream.
Top Review by cookiedog
What a special breakfast this makes. I could not find currant juice so I just doubled the amount of apple juice. Next time I might try adding some banana. I think vanilla yogurt would work with this too! The possibilities are endless, but it is wonderful as it is!
- 1⁄4 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup currant juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup mixed berry
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon mint leaf, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the couscous in a bowl.
- In a saucepan put the fruit juices and cinnamon stick, bring to the boil then pour over couscous. Cover the bowl and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and put in the fridge.
- When cool separate couscous with a fork until light and fluffy, add the berries, lime and lemon zest and mint and gently fold through. Put yogurt on top, drizzle with honey and top with any remaining zest.