Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Extremely fruity, holiday treat
Make and share this Mixed Berry Cornmeal Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint raspberries (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄16-1⁄8 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Berries: Toss together blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sugar and cornstarch in large bowl until well mixed Spoon berry mixture into ungreased 8*8*2-inch square baking pan, spreading mixture evenly.
- Topping: In same large bowl, beat together sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended Mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- On low speed, beat just until combined.
- Beat in the milk, then the remaining flour mixture.
- Drop the dough by large spoonfuls over the berry mixture in the baking dish Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until top is golden and fruit is bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Made with frozen fruit I wanted to use up--just let it thaw first. It worked perfectly. I wasn't too sure how I would like the cornmeal texture, but it was not an issue. This was delicious! Will definitely be making again.