Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries, such as blackberries & raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup creme de cassis
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint frozen lemon sorbet, softened slightly
- In a medium bowl, mash 1/2 cup berries with a fork.
- Add creme de cassis, sugar and lemon juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add remaining berries and toss to coat with sauce.
- Divide berry compote among 4 dessert dishes and top each with a scoop of Sorbet.
- Serve immediately.
What a great summer dessert! I made the compote ahead (it took less than 5 minutes), then just scooped and served after dinner. Very flavorful, with a nice tart taste, low fat - a recipe I will be making often. Kudos to Dancer.