Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This compote can be used over ice cream or pound cake. Simple, but delicious!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (3/4 lb, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- Melt butter in a skillet over moderate heat. Stir in brown sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add berries and cook, tossing gently (try to keep most of them from breaking up), until berries are warm and juices begin to be released, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I need more stars! We love love love this in our house. Perfect over ice cream, angel food cake, pound cake, pancakes, waffles. It thickens nicely and has tremendous flavor! Thanks for posting :)