1/1 Photo of Mixed Berry Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
I saw Ina Garden make this yesterday and I had to post it so I wouldn't forget the recipe - it looked great. It is also a great way to use up the currant jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 whole extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2To make the crust, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter until moistened. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. With your hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 3Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- 4To make the filling, cream the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well. Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary. With the mixer on low, add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the center. Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Remove the cake from the springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
- 7To make the topping, melt the jelly in a small pan over low heat. In a bowl, toss berries and the warm jelly gently until well mixed. Arrange the berries on top of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.4
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 258.5 mg
- Sodium 390.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g