Modified from http://cookienameddesire.com/wild-berry-avocado-muffins-recipe/ -- make with a mixture of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Or, make with one kind of berry. You decide!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mixed berry (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries Or make with one kind of berry. You decide!)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line your 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt. baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- 4Scoop out the inside of the avocado and cream in a separate large bowl until smooth.
- 5Add the sugar to the avocado and mix well.
- 6Add the vanilla, egg and yogurt to the avocado and mix.
- 7Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- 8Fold in the berries.
- 9Use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the batter to the cupcake liners.
- 10Topping: Make the topping by combining all the ingredients together and mixing well with a fork until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- 11Add a small amount of topping mixture to each muffin and bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Avocado Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 268.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g