Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from http://cookienameddesire.com/wild-berry-avocado-muffins-recipe/ -- make with a mixture of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Or, make with one kind of berry. You decide!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mixed berry (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries Or make with one kind of berry. You decide!)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar or 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (at room temperature) or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt. baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Scoop out the inside of the avocado and cream in a separate large bowl until smooth.
- Add the sugar to the avocado and mix well.
- Add the vanilla, egg and yogurt to the avocado and mix.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the berries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the batter to the cupcake liners.
- Topping: Make the topping by combining all the ingredients together and mixing well with a fork until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- Add a small amount of topping mixture to each muffin and bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.