Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A little slice of heaven!
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries, and
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- Add almond paste, sugar and butter to a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat on high for three minutes.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to almond mixture and beat until just combined. Pour 2 1/4 cups of batter into prepared pan, gently smoothing to edges.
- Evenly sprinkle berries across batter. Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter on top of berries and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Gently slide a knife around the inside edge of pan and release springform circle. Lightly dust with powdered sugar. finish cooling on rack or serve slightly warm. This cake is equally delicious served cold.
this is fabulous. i love using almong paste in desserts and this was so easy to put together. i only used raspberries and their tartness combined with the sweet cake was a great combination. cooking time was right on, this is a keeper. (made for pac '08).