Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was very good and made just the right amount for leftovers for my lunch the next day. Sautéing the onions and leeks is the key to the rich flavor of the soup. Serve with crusty bread. This could also be done in the crock pot, using dried beans, but I haven’t tried it that way yet. Serves 4.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/2 and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup potato, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (16 ounce) canof mixed beans
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, potato, carrot and leek for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced chili and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the spices and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the beans, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 10 more minutes. Serve.