Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cook time is marinating time.
Make and share this Mixed Bean Salad With Green Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup kidney bean, drained
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup green beans, drained
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Mix beans together in a large bowl.
- Slice eggs in half, removing the yolks and set them aside.
- Chop whites and add to beans.
- Place remaining ingredients except yolks in a small bowl and quickly whisk until just blended.
- Pour dressing over beans, mix and marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
- To serve spoon salad onto plates and force yolk through a sieve onto beans.
This salad is both beautiful and delicious! I used fresh green beans, and substituted white kidney beans for the garbanzos, as I don't care for them. The tarragon brings a very nice, fresh flavor to the dressing that I enjoyed very much. I agree with the other reviewer, that fresh green beans should be used if at all possible, as the gorgeous vibrant color is part of what makes this so good. I'll be making this again, very soon!
I had 4 at dinner tonight, myself, DH, DS and the 17 yr old neighbor who's mom is away for a couple of days. The only problem with this is that ratings on this salad were all over the board from 2 up to 5. I liked it a lot and I think that the tarragon helped my opinion. I need to mention that you really should use fresh green beans here if at all possible . Luckily I bought some a couple of days age and the crispness of the beans and their fresh taste really made the salad. I found it to be a lovely summer choice.