Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A delightful and "lite" salad for a luncheon. I have had this recipe for so long and used it so much I have no idea where it came from, but thanks to whomever I got it from. It has been a life saver many times. I serve it with ham biscuits or ham rolls, deviled eggs and a light dessert and I've got my lunch ready in minutes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in glass bowl and marinate at least three hours.
- Longer, if possible.
- Refrigerate while marinating.
- When ready, drain and serve.
Quick and Delicious! The oil makes it taste so rich. I made it with different beans (kidney, black, navy, and garbonzo) and it turned out great. The seasonings and the olives are just right. Thanks!
I love bean salad and this one was exceptional. I packed it for my lunch since I am the only one who likes it in my family (too bad for them). A wonderful mix of ingredients that all combined well for a zesty flavor. Thanks for sharing this.
An excellent three-bean salad recipe and I love the addition of the ripe olives. Perfect side dish for any meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be using again.