Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Our Kitchen To Yours
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white cider vinegar or 2⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar or 2⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sliced red onion, separate into rings
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Drain the cans of green beans, yellow wax beans, red kidney beans and chick peas, rinse with cold water.
- Combine in large bowl.
- Add celery, onion and green pepper.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Whisk until blended.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Mix well; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
- Will keep for several days in refrigerator.
- Drain before serving.