Recipe by miss gracie
This has been a family favorite for over 30 years! It is simple to make and perfect for a potluck or summer BBQ. In fact, whenever I make it for a crowd, I receive numerous requests for the recipe. The recipe can be easily cut in half for a smaller crowd, but it does reheat well in the microwave, so your leftovers won't last long!
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (1 lb) cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 2 (1 lb) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (1 lb) cans butter or 2 (1 lb) cans lima beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese or 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown bacon and onions in large skillet.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine beans, cheese, brown sugar, catsup, and Worcestershire sauce in a large baking dish.
- Add bacon and onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the depth of the pan.
- Stir baked beans to thoroughly dissolve cheese.
- Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.