Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a great meal to serve at a dinner party, or for dinner.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup frankfurter, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) candrained kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar baked beans
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn chips
- Cook and drain lima beans according to package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter in large skillet, and saute frankfurter slices, onion, and garlic, stirring occasionally.
- When onion is tender, stir in lima beans, and all remaining ingredients, except chips.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Top with corn chips.
This dish is very tasty, fairly easy to make, inexpensive and looks good as well. I used four frankfurters, sliced, instead of half a cup as stated in the recipe. I will definitely make this again.