Recipe by kelly in TO
This is such a healthy dish, it's low GL and can be made as a side or a main meal.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
Really healty and easy to make. I found it a bit bland, however, and ended up addidng Spike seasoning, garlic and lots of pepper. I love the parsnips on the top- great idea. I left out all of the oil, and it worked great (except the top was not brown and crunchy-but that's to be expected). Thanks for posting, it was a fun recipe to try. Leftovers were great for lunch.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups kidney beans
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 parsnips, peeled and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry onion, garlic, mushrooms and leek in a pan in the olive oil until softened.
- Rinse and drain mixed beans and kidney beans and add to pan.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Combine the parmesan and the grated parsnip in a bowl and put aside.
- Place the bean mixture in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover with the parmesan and parsnip mixture and sprinkle over some olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and crispy.