Recipe by Cook & Lace
This is a quick and easy version of Baked Beans, but heartier because of the Hamburger. You need the Pork and Beans ( I prefer Van de Camps) for liquid but you can substitute the beans you prefer for the other two. The original recipe called for Kidney beans which I find to hard. It is also lower in sugar than most baked beans.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (2 lb) can pork & beans
- 1 (1 lb) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (1 lb) can butter beans (drained)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown and drain the hamburger.
- Add the Onion Soup, water, ketchup, brown sugar and pepper. Mix together.
- Then add the 3 kinds of beans.
- Put into a 2 1/2 quart Dish.
- Bake for 30 minute.