Recipe by Aimchick
This recipe is perfect for picnics and eating outdoors since there is no mayonnaise. A perfect addition to any backyard barbecue, this salad can be made a day in advance, but add feta cheese and basil right before serving.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (approx. 2 pints)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green and yellow beans in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and put in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, then drain.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper with a whisk in a large bowl.
- Add beans, onion and tomatoes and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, add basil and feta cheese and toss.