Recipe by Leopard Apron
Bright flavors! This is a modification of a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Hers called for endive and more avocados, serving one avocado per person. Mine is more of a tossed and assembled salad using baby greens and fewer avocados. It is a highly requested favorite around our home!
Top Review by Penny Stettinius
I think the dressing ingredients should be more like 1/4 Cup olive oil and 4-6 TBS lemon juice. Instead of the other way around. Other than that, this is a wonderful salad and I will make this again.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 2 avocados, ripe and sliced into wedges
- parmesan cheese, shavings if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper to make a viniagrette.
- Pour about 3/4 of viniagrette into large bowl. Add baby greens mix and toss to combine. If serving family-style, add avocados and lightly toss to coat avocados. For individual servings, place dressed greens onto plate, place 4-6 avocado wedges on greens. Sprinkle with ground black pepper & parmesan shavings, if desired. Serve extra dressing on the side for those wanting more -- .