Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great addition to any meal. It take about ten minutes to do and will add color and flair to your dinner.
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Prepare asparagus by peeling (if thick), cutting off end and then slice each spear into three.
- Seed and devein peppers and julienne.
- Skin and rough chop clove of garlic.
- Heat non-stick saute or fry pan on medium high heat with oil and butter added.
- When oil butter mixture is hot, put in garlic and saute until just before browned.
- Discard garlic.
- Add Asparagus pieces and saute until just cooked.
- They should be heated through, but still with some crunch, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and then add peppers.
- Saute for no more than 2 minutes.
- Serve together, salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe can be increased easily and add more garlic as you desire!
Very easy to prepare, tasty dish. I made it with a green bell pepper since that was all I had on hand and it was delicious. I'm sure it will be even better when I make it with a red pepper next time!
This is easy to make and the bright green and red liven up the table. The vege's were nice and crunchy and the taste was subtle. I used an entire bunch of asparagus and would probably add a bit more seasoning next time. DH and I think that the leftovers will be good right out of the refrigerator tomorrow. Nice dish to go with anything.