Recipe by Riche
A great addition to any meal. It take about ten minutes to do and will add color and flair to your dinner.
Top Review by Irmgard
Very easy to prepare, tasty dish. I made it with a green bell pepper since that was all I had on hand and it was delicious. I'm sure it will be even better when I make it with a red pepper next time!
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare asparagus by peeling (if thick), cutting off end and then slice each spear into three.
- Seed and devein peppers and julienne.
- Skin and rough chop clove of garlic.
- Heat non-stick saute or fry pan on medium high heat with oil and butter added.
- When oil butter mixture is hot, put in garlic and saute until just before browned.
- Discard garlic.
- Add Asparagus pieces and saute until just cooked.
- They should be heated through, but still with some crunch, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and then add peppers.
- Saute for no more than 2 minutes.
- Serve together, salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe can be increased easily and add more garlic as you desire!