Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really nice salad for a brunch or light snack. Different kind of flavor, but impressive. From Cooking Light Magazine. Prep time is cooking time.
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml honey
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml chopped granny smith apples
- 473.18 ml chopped cameo apples or 473.18 ml braeburn apples
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese (SUBSTITUTION fresh grated parmesan for the blue cheese)
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 946.36 ml mixed salad greens
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine apples, cheese, and bacon.
- Drizzle dressing over apple mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Serve over mixed greens.
AMAZING!!! The dressing is divine - I make it all the time and I always haev the ingredients on hand! Instead of bacon, I used bacon bits and instead of the blue cheese, I used reduced fat feta to make it healthier. SOOO good!
I used a spring mix for the greens and parmesan for the cheese. This has a nice tartness making it a wonderful salad. I also liked the fact that there is a minimal amount of oil in the dressing. I think that adding toasted walnuts would be a real flavor boost. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
I just loved this salad!!! I only used granny smith apples, as thats what we like and is what I had on hand. Then made the rest as written, opting for the parmesan cheese. Will definitely be making this again, thanks for sharing FloridaNative. Made for Pot Luck tag.