Recipe by kitty.rock
Really nice salad for a brunch or light snack. Different kind of flavor, but impressive. From Cooking Light Magazine. Prep time is cooking time.
Top Review by katiekrejci
AMAZING!!! The dressing is divine - I make it all the time and I always haev the ingredients on hand! Instead of bacon, I used bacon bits and instead of the blue cheese, I used reduced fat feta to make it healthier. SOOO good!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped granny smith apples
- 2 cups chopped cameo apples or 2 cups braeburn apples
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (SUBSTITUTION fresh grated parmesan for the blue cheese)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens