Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really nice salad for a brunch or light snack. Different kind of flavor, but impressive. From Cooking Light Magazine. Prep time is cooking time.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped granny smith apples
- 2 cups chopped cameo apples or 2 cups braeburn apples
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (SUBSTITUTION fresh grated parmesan for the blue cheese)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine apples, cheese, and bacon.
- Drizzle dressing over apple mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Serve over mixed greens.
AMAZING!!! The dressing is divine - I make it all the time and I always haev the ingredients on hand! Instead of bacon, I used bacon bits and instead of the blue cheese, I used reduced fat feta to make it healthier. SOOO good!
I used a spring mix for the greens and parmesan for the cheese. This has a nice tartness making it a wonderful salad. I also liked the fact that there is a minimal amount of oil in the dressing. I think that adding toasted walnuts would be a real flavor boost. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
I just loved this salad!!! I only used granny smith apples, as thats what we like and is what I had on hand. Then made the rest as written, opting for the parmesan cheese. Will definitely be making this again, thanks for sharing FloridaNative. Made for Pot Luck tag.