Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Harmonious flavors converge in this simple salad: sour lemon juice and Granny Smith apple, sweet honey and Cameo apple, smoky bacon, and pungent cheese.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped granny smith apples
- 2 cups chopped apples (Cameo or Braeburn)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine apples, cheese, and bacon. Drizzle dressing over apple mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve over greens.
Love the dressing on this salad! Very nice mixture of flavours in the salad, and the dressing enhances it beautifully. I was making it just for one so I just used one granny smith apple, feta cheese and bacon bits that I keep in the freezer. I will try it again with different kinds of apples and blue cheese. Thanks for sharing a very nice salad.