Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the meal from what you have in your cupboards...you don't always think you have something there and this is my suggestion for creativity under duress!
BREADS and CEREALS
- 1 cup raw macaroni or 1 cup spaghetti (or white Rice or brown rice or Noodles or Bulgar or Any pasta)
- 1 can cream of potato soup or 1 can cream of chicken soup (or Cream of Celery soup or Cream of Mushroom soup or Tomato Soup or French Onion Soup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk or 2 1⁄2 cups broth or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped beef or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pork (or ham or Ground beef or ground turkey or ground Chicken or Turkey or Tuna or Salmon or Mackerel or)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups carrots or 1 1⁄2-2 cups peas (or corn or Green beans or Lima beans or Broccoli or Spinach or Mixed Vegetables or Celery or Green p)
- 1⁄2-1 cup cheese, can be stirred into sauce at the end of the cooking time (any kind)
- Choose one food from each of the four groups above.
- Stir together in skillet Season to taste with salt, pepper, soy sauce, onion flakes, garlic, or whatever spices you enjoy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cover pan and simmer 30 minutes until pasta or rice is tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent rice and pasta from sticking.
- Stir in cheese, if desired.
Fun, versatile, and easy recipe to make! I used noodles, cream of mushroom soup, milk, ground round, frozen california blend veges, and colby/monterey jack blend shredded cheese. I messed up and started to cook the noodles in water but drained them and added to the beef mixture. Also added lemon pepper, black pepper, garlic salt, celery seed, and onion powder. My sauce wasnt thickening up so I added some french fried onions that I needed to use up and a couple tablespoons of sour cream. Next time I will use two cans of soup or cut down the amount of milk. The vege's were a little mushy so I will add them later. All in all a great recipe that will help empty those little bits of this and that you have in the cabinet. Thank you Tish for posting, will be making this again soon and trying new combinations!
Very good and quick to make. Here was my mix-N-match ingredients. Macaroni, cream o'potato soup, milk, ground beef, peas... darn I forgot the cheese but boy was this sure good and all the daycare kids loved it to. Thanks for a great recipe Tish, I'll be making this again.