Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the meal from what you have in your cupboards...you don't always think you have something there and this is my suggestion for creativity under duress!
BREADS and CEREALS
- 1 cup raw macaroni or 1 cup spaghetti (or white Rice or brown rice or Noodles or Bulgar or Any pasta)
- 1 can cream of potato soup or 1 can cream of chicken soup (or Cream of Celery soup or Cream of Mushroom soup or Tomato Soup or French Onion Soup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk or 2 1⁄2 cups broth or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped beef or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pork (or ham or Ground beef or ground turkey or ground Chicken or Turkey or Tuna or Salmon or Mackerel or)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups carrots or 1 1⁄2-2 cups peas (or corn or Green beans or Lima beans or Broccoli or Spinach or Mixed Vegetables or Celery or Green p)
- 1⁄2-1 cup cheese, can be stirred into sauce at the end of the cooking time (any kind)
- Choose one food from each of the four groups above.
- Stir together in skillet Season to taste with salt, pepper, soy sauce, onion flakes, garlic, or whatever spices you enjoy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cover pan and simmer 30 minutes until pasta or rice is tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent rice and pasta from sticking.
- Stir in cheese, if desired.