Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From "Cake Mix Magic." This cake uses cherry pie filling and a white cake mix to create a pretty marbled effect. The ease of preparation makes it even more enticing. The author suggests serving this cake with powdered sugar sprinkled over it or serving it warm beneath a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I think it would be good with a little cool whip, also. Using a cake with pudding in the mix may increase baking time. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Pour oil into a 13-by 9 inch pan. Tilt pan to coat bottom with oil. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top. Add eggs and water.
- Stir all together with a fork or spoon until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Scrape sides and spread batter evenly in pan. Drop spoonfuls of pie filling randomly on top. With a fork or knife, fold pie filling into batter just enough to create a marble effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake at least 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack before cutting.