Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From "Cake Mix Magic." This cake uses cherry pie filling and a white cake mix to create a pretty marbled effect. The ease of preparation makes it even more enticing. The author suggests serving this cake with powdered sugar sprinkled over it or serving it warm beneath a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I think it would be good with a little cool whip, also. Using a cake with pudding in the mix may increase baking time. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Pour oil into a 13-by 9 inch pan. Tilt pan to coat bottom with oil. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top. Add eggs and water.
- Stir all together with a fork or spoon until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Scrape sides and spread batter evenly in pan. Drop spoonfuls of pie filling randomly on top. With a fork or knife, fold pie filling into batter just enough to create a marble effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake at least 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack before cutting.
Good quick after dinner dessert! It did not come out looking the prettiest, but the kids liked it alot. it smelled great while it was cooking and really warmed up the house!