Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lovely base recipe to which you can add any number of combinations to bake the perfect, fail safe muffin. (Crushed Maltezers make a nice change!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Melt butter.
- In a small bowl whisk egg, sour cream, vanilla and butter.
- Make a well in large bowl and add wet to dry, mixing until just combined.
- Finally stir in crushed maltezers. (I tend to reserve a few and cut them in halves/quarters to create a nicer contrast).
- Divide batter between paper lined muffin cups and bake at 400/Gas 6 for 20 minutes until golden.