- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces baker unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup baker semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and chocolate in 8" square cake pan, in 350F oven for about 4 minutes.
- Add water, sugar, egg, flour, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat with fork until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.