Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very easy cake to make, and can be done all in one pan. Great for the cottage easy preparation. Enjoy.
- Heat oil and chocolate in 8" square cake pan, in 350F oven for about 4 minutes.
- Add water, sugar, egg, flour, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat with fork until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
really nice very easy cake. I love the no-bowl prep. I substituted some coco for about 1/4 cup of the flour. Moist & Addictive!
I thought this cake was just okay. It wasn't as moist as most of my cakes are and the flavor was kind of bland. It was easy to make, though. I made it as listed except stirred in the chocolate chips and omitted the nuts. I also added a 1/2 tsp mint extract.
I made this for my DH's birthday & it was a HIT! No baking chocolate on hand, so I used 6T unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with 2T vegetable oil. Substituted coconut for the nuts, spreading that on top before the chocolate chips. Ended up with 1/2 toasted and 1/2 moist coconut. Baked @ 325F in a dark Pyrex dish for 40 minutes. LOVELY! Almost like a loaded brownie. Served with vanilla ice cream. This is a keeper, Anna. Thank you!!!