Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A South Indian recipe again that has a nice and novel mix of vegetables and the tempering has a lovely flavour
- 2 green bananas, sliced (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup aubergine, diced (big pcs)
- 1⁄2 cup white pumpkin, peeled and diced into big pcs
- 1⁄2 cup red pumpkin, peeled and diced into big pcs
- 1⁄2 cup potato, peeled and diced into big pcs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable marrows or 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced into big pcs
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 dried red chili, broken into pcs
- Cook all vegetables with the green chillies and a salt in a little water till they are tender.
- Let them not fry up too much.
- Add the coconut milk and heat through till it comes to a boil.
- Heat coconut oul in a fry pan.
- Add the mustard and when they start crackling add the curry leaves and the red chilli pcs.
- When the red chilli turns brown.
- Pour the tempering over the vegetables and serve hot with rice.