Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mix & Chill, as we call it, became an instant favorite with our family. It is my version of two separate fruit salads from a Ft. Worth school's cookbook. I like to think that my combination is the best of the two separate recipes. It takes less than 5 minutes to assemble. I chill the fruits before assembling, that way it can be enjoyed immediately. Great for new cooks of any age. My husband made this and took it to an office luncheon and received requests for the recipe. I can't believe he actually told them how easy it was to make! Take the recipe--they will ask for it! Great as a salad or dessert. Also, good with Apple, Peach or Cherry pie filling. Also, I use fat free and items sweetened with Splenda when available.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail in light syrup, undrained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix altogether and chill.