Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A delicious curry that is very satisfying at lunchtime and fills one with sustainable energy through the afternoon! I enjoy it with hot steamed white rice. The recipe is from "Young Times". Preparation time = time of soaking beans and pulses overnight.
- 1⁄4 cup green gram, soaked in water overnight
- 1⁄4 cup black gram, soaked in water overnight
- 1⁄2 cup butter beans, soaked in water overnight
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil separately, the beans and pulses that have been soaked in water overnight.
- Heat butter/oil/ghee in a pan.
- Fry the ginger-garlic paste lightly.
- Add tomato puree and red chilli powder.
- Continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the boiled beans and pulses and salt to taste.
- Add one cup of water.
- Continue to cook and stir till well blended.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.