Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the side of a cake box.And its quickly become a family favorite.Easy to make and quick to be eaten.Our favorite combos are,french vanilla cake mix-pistachio pudding or lemon cake-lemon pudding-poppy seeds.Yummy without the frosting still warm.
- 510.29 g cake mix (any flavor)
- 96.38 g package instant pudding mix, and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a bundt, tube, or 9x13 cake pan. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except frosting to mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Until it passes the toothpick test.
- The touch test isn't always accurate on this cake.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes then invert onto cake plate.
- I leave the 9x13 in the pan.
- Let cool.
- Heat frosting in microwave till pourable.
- Drizzle over cake and let sit until frosting is set.
This is an excellent recipe. I used yellow cake mix with vanilla pudding and used milk instead of water (just because I always do that with cake mixes). I glazed it with just a powdered sugar glaze. Took it out of the oven about 10PM last night. I went to bed and left my husband and 3 teenage boys alone with the cake. There is about 3 inches of cake left this morning.
OMG! I made this with Yellow cake mix and pistachio pudding and it was AWESOME!!! My dh loves pistachio pudding, so he couldnt get enough of this cake. Iwill definatly make again and try different combos!
I love this recipe! So many different combinations: yellow cake mix & butterscotch pudding, chocolate/chocolate, yellow/pistachio - it's endless! I also like to drizzle it with icing. Canned frosting melted for a few seconds in the microwave works great! Thanks, Mona!