Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cake is unbelievably moist and sooo tasty.You can interchange the ingredients to make different flavors and it is as easy as 1 2 3.Only 4 ingredients!!!Please read the example below instructions for flavors of cake and fruit.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, with pudding in the middle (or moist)
- 1 teaspoon extract (any flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) canfruit pie filling
- Mix cake mix,extract, eggs together, will be very thick.
- Add the fruit pie filling and fold into cake batter, again,will be very thick.
- Spread into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 325F till toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for a few minutes and invert cake onto a platter and wrap with saran wrap until cake has completely cooled,this allows the cake to create steam which insures moistness.
- Examples of flavors: devils food cake mix with cherry pie filling and almond extract spice cake mix with apple pie filling and vanilla extract white cake mix with blueberry pie filling and lemon extract.
I made this for company using a devil foods cake mix, "Light" cherry pie filling and about 1.5 t almond extract, I baked this recipe @ 325 for 46 minutes..I also whipped up some cream as a topping w/vanilla extract then dusted the top of this masterpiece with cinnamon..every single person was in awe over this dessert cake! Thanks much for the recipe @ngdarlen..will be made again, happily!
I love this cake! My favorite combination so far is spice cake w/ apple pie filling, although chocolate/cherry is also really good! I tried vanilla cake w/ raspberry and wasn't a fan, but overall this is a great, simple crowd pleasing cake.
I used Devil's Food cake mix and cherry pie filling. I added 3 tablespoons of applesuace and a tablespoon of vegetable oil because the batter was just too dry. It was VERY moist and delicious and I didn't use the saran wrap.