Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I came across this on the net and have made them several times, with compliments. This recipe is a very easy drop cookie recipe, for those times when you're in a hurry. You may want to go easy on the cardamom at first, unless you are familiar with it. This makes 12 servings so make sure to double or triple! Raisins are a nice addition! These make a great snack for Santa!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening (half butter is great also)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can applesauce (about 1 3/4 cup)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom (marvelous) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together sugars and shortening. Incorporate eggs, then vanilla and applesauce. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, combine other ingredients.
- Combine the wet and the dry.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons full onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.