Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
We always called them "corny dogs." My brother and I loved them. Not for the calorie conscious!
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients; add oil.
- Combine egg and milk; mix with dry ingredients.
- Dip wieners in batter, and fry at 365°F until brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip in mustard or whatever condiment you prefer.