Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional grilled meat dish from Romania. Easy to prepare and even easier to fall in love with!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 2 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 pinch savory
- 1 pinch coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sparking water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Place all the ground meat into a large bowl.
- Add garlic, onions, and all spices (dry ingredients).
- Using hands or spoon, thoroughly mix and combine the contents in the bowl.
- After everything is mixed, slowly add water to the bowl. Only add a small amount of water at a time, watching the consistency of the meat.
- Mix in water until the meat has taken on almost a puree consistency.
- Form meat into oval or stick shapes, making sure all sticks are the same thickness.
- Pre-heat grill to 350 degrees
- For best results, place Mititei on top rack of grill.
- Grill Mititei for 10 minutes, then turn, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve right off the grill with mustard.