Recipe by lazyme
I found this on the internet and hope to give it a try for this Christmas. From Crazy about Crockpots! Vol. II by Penny E. Stone. Cook times are a guess.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I followed the ingredient list right on down, I did prepare it in a slightly different way since I started it all much later in the day than I'd intended! I brought it to a boil on the stove top & finished preparing it, then transferred it to the crock pot on low to keep it warm for New Year's Eve! Worked out just fine, & we were thoroughly satisfied with the comforting flavor & aroma! Will be keeping this recipe around! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 10 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 5 cups orange juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 cinnamon sticks, broken in pieces
- 3 whole oranges, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 teaspoons instant tea powder
- whole fresh cranberries, skewered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberry juice, orange juice, water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oranges in crockpot.
- Turn on high and bring to a boil.
- Stir in tea when mixture is boiling hot.
- Add skewered cranberries.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Serve as desired, either warm from the crockpot or chilled over ice.