Recipe by Pikake21
I enjoy eating schnitzel and found this recipe from a restaurant in Zurich that serves one serving which is the width of the plate! It is taken from the book "Kronenhalle Zürich" published by Orell Füssli, Zürich.
- 1 roasting chicken (mistkratzerli or poussin or just take the smallest chicken you can get)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, finelly sliced
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- peanut oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 200 C°.
- mix all the ingredients for the seasoning and rub well into the birds skin.
- heat oil in an ovenproof skillet and brown the mistkratzlerli well on all sides.
- put into the oven and roast for about 40 minutes.
- douse mistkratzerli with oil from time to time, that keeps it moist and the skin crisp.
- take out of oven and let rest.
- melt butter in a small saucepan, brown sliced garlic, add rosemary.
- serve mistkratzerli on a warm plate and drizzle with the garlic-butter.