I enjoy eating schnitzel and found this recipe from a restaurant in Zurich that serves one serving which is the width of the plate! It is taken from the book "Kronenhalle Zürich" published by Orell Füssli, Zürich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken (mistkratzerli or poussin or just take the smallest chicken you can get)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, finelly sliced
- 1heat oven to 200 C°.
- 2mix all the ingredients for the seasoning and rub well into the birds skin.
- 3heat oil in an ovenproof skillet and brown the mistkratzlerli well on all sides.
- 4put into the oven and roast for about 40 minutes.
- 5douse mistkratzerli with oil from time to time, that keeps it moist and the skin crisp.
- 6take out of oven and let rest.
- 7melt butter in a small saucepan, brown sliced garlic, add rosemary.
- 8serve mistkratzerli on a warm plate and drizzle with the garlic-butter.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mistkratzerli a La Kronenhalle
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.0
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.4 mg
- Sodium 302.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.8 g