Recipe by Marlene.
I got this recipe from a friend ... she makes these for her New Year's Eve parties.
Top Review by Meredith .F
We've had these several times now and they are always very popular, especially with the guys! I used 2 lbs sausage vs the half meat/half sausage like the recipe since that was all I had and it tasted good but a little bit too salty for me. Maybe using the beef as the recipe states would help on that. Otherwise-really easy and good!
- 1 lb sweet bulk sausage or 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb miniature party rye rounds (also called Cocktail Rye Bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef and sausage until well cooked.
- Add the spices, mix thoroughly.
- Add cheese, simmer with a lid, until cheese melts.
- Mix thoroughly again.
- Spread on party rye and bake in a 350* oven for 15 minutes.
- **servingsare dependant on how thick you like to spread this mixture on the bread**.