Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend ... she makes these for her New Year's Eve parties.
- 1 lb sweet bulk sausage or 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb miniature party rye rounds (also called Cocktail Rye Bread)
- Brown the beef and sausage until well cooked.
- Add the spices, mix thoroughly.
- Add cheese, simmer with a lid, until cheese melts.
- Mix thoroughly again.
- Spread on party rye and bake in a 350* oven for 15 minutes.
- **servingsare dependant on how thick you like to spread this mixture on the bread**.
We've had these several times now and they are always very popular, especially with the guys! I used 2 lbs sausage vs the half meat/half sausage like the recipe since that was all I had and it tasted good but a little bit too salty for me. Maybe using the beef as the recipe states would help on that. Otherwise-really easy and good!
This is a huge favorite of my DH's. Always seem to lose the recipe, then re-discover every few years. Am marking this now so that we never lose again. A real hit with everyone, but especially the men!
I also made these for a morning Christmas party and they were great! Very filling and tasty! Nobody could eat just one. :) I also used Italian sauage, would like to try the hot variety with this one day. The hardest part was finding Rye crackers... Ended up using whole wheat cocktail crackers instead. Great, easy recipe for any potluck or party. Thanks!!!